Sunday, November 15, 2009

Butternut Squash

I'm trying to share my bounty of butternut squash from the garden, but having trouble finding people to share with. I can understand the reluctance to take zucchini in the summer . . . but who would not want butternut squash? A couple of people have said "I don't know what to do with butternut squash." Of course, that could just be a polite way to decline, but maybe they're telling the truth. If so, here are some suggestions:

Butternut Squash Risotto
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette 

Or you could toss roasted squash with Fettuccine Alfredo, fresh sage, and fresh thyme . . . and fried sage if you're really motivated! (I created this, so there is no real recipe - I'll try to post a recipe, or at least some guidelines, soon!)


More options:
Parmesan-Roasted Butternut Squash
Winter Squash Soup with Croutons
Roasted Butternut Squash, Rosemary, and Garlic Lasagna
Beef and Butternut Squash Stew
Caramelized Butternut Squash
Butternut Squash Muffins with Frosted Cream
Butternut Squash and Parmesan Bread Pudding

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, who turns down butternut squash?! All your suggestions sound delicious. I now have to pick up a couple of butternuts tonight when I grocery shop; I don't have any friend banging on my front door ready to burden me with squash. :( Thanks for the inspiration!