Here are the Show Me Spring recipe contest entries so far:
Sarah entered her version of "Julie's Zesty Pasta," inspired by Madison's Restaurant
Bethany entered "The Easiest Cheesecake Ever!" and "Easy Pasta Salad" and a zucchini recipe
Megan entered "Irresistible Popcorn"
Melanie entered "Pasta Chicken Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach and Bacon"
Lane entered "Portobello Chicken and Chives"
(These recipes - or links to the recipes - are in the comments section of the original contest post)
In addition, these entries were e-mailed to me:
From Lacey: Parmesan Zucchini Pasta
1 lb bacon
1 medium - large zucchini
1 lb pasta (bow tie or penne is best)
1 can diced tomato (any flavor but garlic would be good)
2 tablespoons garlic
Juice of 1 Lemon
Parmesan Cheese to taste
1. Fry bacon until crispy. Set aside to cool.
2. Sauté Zucchini and garlic in 2-3 tablespoons of bacon drippings
3. Meanwhile cook pasta following directions on box.
4. When bacon is cool enough crumble in bite sized pieces.
5. When pasta is tender add bacon, sautéed zucchini and garlic, and
6. Juice lemon over top of mixture
7. Top with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe makes a HUGE amount of pasta. Great for large family dinners.
From Gary: SPRING CARIBBEAN SALAD
1. Mix of iceberg, romaine lettuce, and spinach.
2. Put bite-size chunks of pineapple on the salad.
3. Garnish with walnuts and shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
4. Drizzle Poppyseed Dressing over the entire salad.
For a meal, add bite-size portions of grilled or fried chicken breast.
From Lee Ann: Cheesy Corn Spread
12 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1 12 oz can of mexicorn
Bring cheese to room temperature. In large bowl, crumble cheese with fork into small bits. Mix in remaining ingredients, except corn, until well blended. Stir in corn. Cover and chill for several hours. Serve with crackers.
The contest is open until April 28 - so keep sharing your recipes!