Monday, February 04, 2008

Life is just a bowl of cherries . . .

(Or in this case, a martini glass of cherries - because it looked cooler than any of the bowls I have)

On Saturday, I had to travel for work. I wasn't particularly excited about it, mostly because it involved 5:00 a.m. - which is not my favorite time on a Saturday (or any other day, for that matter!). Good thing I went though, because on my way home I got to stop at Schnuck's (home of groceries I can't find locally) . . . and I bought these beautiful cherries. I took some to the Super Bowl party we attended, and I've been snacking on the rest.

Because they're starting to turn my fingers red, I decided to search for some cherry recipes. In the process, I came across a recipe for a salad that sounds very similar to the Orchard Harvest salad at Panera (which is hands-down one of my favorite foods). I'll post the recipe as soon as I test it to find out just how similar it is!

1 comment:

Dana said...

I'm a CHERRY LOVER! I can eat bowls of cherries...mmmmm....