I found this recipe on another blog (Baking Bites, maybe, I can't remember) and have been waiting for an opportunity to try it. Specifically, an opportunity in which other people would eat the majority of these bars, thus not tempting me to eat too many. Turns out, the Super Bowl gathering was a perfect opportunity. If you love s'mores (as I do), I think you'll really like these bars. I thought of a few modifications I'd try next time, so I included those in the recipe below to make preparation a little easier.
S'More cookie bars
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 king-size milk chocolate bars
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
1. Process graham crackers to uniformly fine crumbs in a food processor. If you do not have a food processor, place graham crackers in a ziplock bag and crush them - a rolling pin or other heavy object will help.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease 8-inch square baking pan (9-inch square will work fine too).
3. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add graham/flour mixture, beating at low speed until combined.
5. Divide dough in half. Press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of prepared pan.
6. Remove lid and seal from marshmallow creme, heat jar in microwave for about 15 seconds (this will help make it spreadable). Spread marshmallow creme evenly over dough. Break chocolate bars into pieces, arrange in a single layer on top of marshmallow creme. Place remaining dough in even, single layer on top of chocolate (tip: press or roll dough out on a silpat, piece of parchment paper, or piece of wax paper, then invert onto chocolate/marshmallow).
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until lightly golden brown; cool before cutting.