Thursday, November 13, 2008

California


I'm back from my trip to the San Francisco area. The business I work for had an exhibit at the Weston A. Price Foundation's Wise Traditions conference.

The conference was great, but one of the highlights for me was finding heirloom tomatoes at Whole Foods (an amazingly big Whole Foods, by the way). Californians are so lucky to have a longer growing season than we do here in the Midwest. I also picked up samples of Celtic Sea Salt at the conference . . . good salt makes everything taste better! As an added bonus, Celtic Sea Salt is unrefined and contains minerals your body needs to maintain good health. This is great news for me, because I like salt!

In addition to sea salt samples, here are the other things I picked up at the conference:
  • Meals That Heal: A Nutritional Makeover (a cookbook to help transition to traditional/nourishing foods). I really want to learn to make some healthy beverages, such as lemon cooler (see below).
  • Chocolate Crispy Almond Cookies from Grindstone Bakery
  • A raw milk t-shirt
  • Raw milk and kombucha from Organic Pastures (we had fun getting to know the Organic Pastures staff; unfortunately, we couldn't bring their products home)
  • Lemon cooler from Three Stone Hearth (we were all sad we couldn't bring this home)
  • Rosemary salt and lavender salt
  • Salsa and relish from Zukay Live Foods
Update: I forgot about these things:
I've got lots of things to cook and lots of things to post about, but I'm still catching up on rest, dishes, and laundry . . .

No comments: