Sunday, November 16, 2008

Chocolate Chess Pie

Now that you know how to make pie crust, here is a very simple and very, very delicious pie recipe:Chocolate Chess Pie

4 heaping tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup pecans (halves or pieces)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened evaporated milk
optional: 1/2 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all ingredients and pour into 9-inch unbaked pie shell. Bake 30 minutes. Cool and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

(Note to my friend B.: this would be a great way to use that pie crust I left in your freezer. It is very easy and wonderful . . . just get the pie crust out of the freezer about 30-45 minutes before you bake the pie.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU! There is a pie shop that I love around here that served chocolate pecan pie...my favorite! Well I have tried to recreate it with out luck. Im totally trying this recipe. THANK YOU A MILLION!

McKenzie said...

Leah - aww, thanks! That just made my day! I hope it turns out as well for you as it does for me! I have another pecan chocolate pie I'm going to post soon (but it's more like a pecan pie with chocolate). You just can't beat the chocolate chess pie!

Heather said...

mmmmmmmm this looks so good! the coconut would kill me with my allergies... but i'm trying this recipe with a little modification!!

Jaime said...

i love chocolate chess pie! though i've never had it w/pecans....

Becky and Adam said...

This sounds like the perfect filling for that pie crust. And who knows -- maybe we'll break out the new mixer too! Thanks McK!