Monday, March 31, 2008

Mom's Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies

Last week I shared with you my dad's double chocolate brownies, so this week I'm featuring a favorite recipe from my mom. Her Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies are definitely a comfort food for me. Unfortunately there are not pictures for this post right now (although I hope to share some soon - I have exciting picture-related news). However, even without an illustration, these are great cookies. Especially if you eat them the day they're baked (which usually isn't a problem!).

Mom's Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups oatmeal, uncooked
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup mini Hershey's kisses

1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Stir in flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate.
3. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.

No comments: