Sunday, July 27, 2008

Missouri Wine Country

As you can tell, Missouri wine country is beautiful!

Yesterday, I went on a day trip to Missouri wine country (the Hermann and Augusta area) with some of my husband's family. Seven area wineries participated in the Very Berry Wine Trail event, where each paired a berry dish (mostly desserts) with wine. We made it to all seven wine trail participants, plus one additional winery - the Augusta Winery. After sampling dozens of wines throughout the day, we unanimously determined that Adam Puchta is still our favorite. Their vignoles and homemade strawberry shortcake were a perfect pair for a hot July day.

2 comments:

Missouri Wine Girl said...

What a fun day! The Hermann wine trail is such a good time! I hope to make it to the one they do in November, I believe it's the Holiday Fare. Cheers!

Missouri Wine Girl said...

I love the Hermann wine trail! It's so much fun. What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, even when event's aren't scheduled. I agree it's easy to make it to all the wineries in one weekend. Cheers!