Sunday, December 21, 2008

Honey Crunch Peanut Spread

Peanut butter isn't something I use very often, aside from the occasional batch of peanut butter cookies. For everything except baking, I usually use almond butter. However, I had some extra peanut butter taking up room in our refrigerator, so I decided to make an old recipe from my childhood.

My dad used to make Honey Crunch Peanut Spread when I was a kid; I'm not sure where he found the recipe or why he decided to make it initially, maybe to try to get me to eat more apples and celery. If that is it, I guess it worked - this definitely makes celery worth eating!


Honey Crunch Peanut Spread
2/3 cup uncooked oats
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1/2 cup honey

Toast oats in an ungreased rimmed baking sheet for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool and combine with peanut butter and honey.

Serve with celery and apples, or on sandwiches. Store in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I would totally eat this on a sandwich! Sounds so yummy!!