Thursday, January 15, 2009

One out of control foodie

It's not me . . .

It's our dog . . . Piper.

This was last Wednesday night:
I'm pretty sure we fed her. Feeding her is as much of a routine as feeding ourselves, so I know there was sfood in her bowl. Yet, for some reason she was apparently very hungry . . .

After dinner, I went into my office to blog about the Quail in White Wine . . . Piper normally hangs out on the couch while I'm blogging . . . she was quiet, so I thought she was on the couch. Until I heard a little crash in the kitchen . . . she had been stealing the leftover roasted asparagus off the counter. I chased her into my office, but it's hard to take away asparagus and take a picture at the same time:
I was not too pleased with her - she has a history of stealing things off the counter, but she had been doing much better lately.

Piper went back to hang out on the couch and I baked a batch of banana muffins (with spelt flour and honey) while I watched Top Chef. Ken returned from a meeting not too long after I took the muffins out of the oven and we spent a few moments working on plans for a scholarship fundraiser we're involved with. Once again, in my office (you know where this is going, don't you?). Normally when Ken and I are both in the same room, so is Piper. Not thinking about the recent asparagus incident, I was oblivious to the fact that she wasn't in my office and I couldn't see or hear her. Then it hit me, but only kind of. Our conversation was something like this:

Me: "Where is Piper?"

Ken: "Oh, I don't know, I think she's eating muffins." (he is dead serious, yet somehow also oblivious to the implications of this)

"Ha ha, funny. Really, is she on the couch or did she go get on the bed?"

"Umm . . . no, I don't know where she's been," (moving toward the kitchen) "Yep, I think she's been eating muffins."

(Now we're both in the kitchen)
Me: "Where are the wrappers?" (as if she could peel the wrappers off!)

Ken: "I guess she ate the wrappers."

"Oh my gosh, PIPERRRRRRR!"

"Well, she probably didn't get too many."

"Too many??? Look how many are gone!"

"Ohhh . . . was that pan full?"


Yes, yes it was. (at least they were only mini-muffins . . .)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA...I love it! At least she was kind and left you some! She must also approve of your cookin.

Jaime said...

LOL that is too funny!

Megan said...

Hilarius!